Friday, May 25, 2012

You could say that this was the day that never ends. Miguel had the hotel send wake-up calls at 5 a.m. We left at 6 a.m. I think we covered 700 km today with a stop at Uxmal. The site is amazing (pics will come later), but, let's be honest, we were dog tired by that point. We arrived at Kiuic around 7 p.m., had some dinner (amazing!), a sit in the pool, and here I am, 18 hours from that wake-up call, blogging.

We'll have to rethink this leg of the trip. It's a bit long for our sanity. However, the trip to Palenque was definitely worth the extra miles.

So, Kiuic .... I'm blogging at a place that is completely off the grid -- not a power line to be found for miles. It's amazing what some solar panels and a satellite connection will do.

...

That's all I have, folks. Must get some sleep soon. But wait, we're sleeping in hammocks, something I don't do well, so I fear sleep will not come quickly.

Nonetheless, I hope to have a bit more energy tomorrow.

Hasta luego....

No comments:

Post a Comment